Pages

Tuesday 25 March 2014

Year 5 & 6 camp Recount



Wednesday morning was the first day of our awesome year 5 & 6 camp for 2014!!! All the year 5 & 6 students will be there  except for the children that haven't paid our didn't want to come. Our camp group was called the Care Bears Zane and I were  the camp leaders for Care Bears. Our camp was at our school we had to sleep in tents on the school field.


The Care Bears  had kayaking on Thursday down at the beach With Mr Burt that was my favorite activity. I wasn't very good at kayaking but I tried it and then after one round or two I got the hang of it. I felt very nervous about trying single kayak but it turns out that I was  pretty good well not pretty good really good. The number one thing that Mr Burt told us was If you fall out of your kayak you must always keep a hold of your kayak  because it will keep you up on the surface.



Sleeping in a tent was fun but also very cold in the night especially early in the morning. In the tent with me were Ashley and Alyiah they were very talkative when it came to bedtime. Our tent was really messy and it smelt really funny. Our next door neighbors were Zane, Cyrus and I don’t know who the other person was. Everyone had to wake up really early in the morning and then we had to do jump jam that was actually really fun.

When it came to Wednesday I knew it would be and awesome year 5 & 6 camp because we had amazing and fun activities. I was very excited at camp. Being a camp leader was awesome. I really enjoyed camp spending time with friends teaching the Care Bears our dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.