Pages

Monday 1 December 2014

Kawau island recount


Brooklyn Camp movie from Team 4 Pes on Vimeo.



Last week on tuesday the year 6 kids went to Kawau Island for they're camp. All the year 6’s were really excited because we were camping on an island. At Kawau Island there a lot of activities that looked really fun.


My first favourite activity was kayaking because I just love rowing across the ocean. When we went kayaking it was windy so the waves were really big and strong. When I was rowing, the kayak started leaning on one side so that started to scare me because I thought that I was going to fall out, but lucky I evened the kayak out. Even though it was really rough out sea it was still really fun.

Every morning we all would wake up at 7:00am and go outside to stretch and for our run. This is so we could keep fit and to wake us up. I thought the run was fun because it was really interesting with a lot of nature. The run was also a little hard because there were uphills and downhills, I think downhills were the hardest because you had to be very careful that you don’t slip and hurt yourself.


The very first activity did was bivouac I found that pretty fun. If you're wondering what that is well bivouac is a tent made out of sticks and other things you find in the woods but it must be waterproof. When we had to make our one Guess what? It failed yes it failed we all got wet. We were pretty disappointed.

When it was the last day of camp which was also a sad day because no one wanted to leave, since it was the last day of camp the teachers planned us a sports day which meant we had to challenge other groups. Kawau which was our group won 2 out of three games which was really good. The 2 games we won we're volleyball and bush baseball, and the game we lost was touch but besides that I think we still did really good. I thought camp was really fun and cool it was so fun I didn’t even want to leave. My favourite part about camp overall would probably be kayaking because it is just so fun and gives you a really good arm exercise. I would definitely recommend this camp to the year 5s going on year 6’s next year because I know that they’ll just have so much fun and I bet they won't want to leave.

Every morning we all would wake up at 7:00am and go outside to stretch and for our run. This is so we could keep fit and to wake us up. I thought the run was fun because it was really interesting with a lot of nature. The run was also a little hard because there were uphills and downhills, I think downhills were the hardest because you had to be very careful that you don't slip and hurt yourself.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.